RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A Non-refundable application fee of $65.00 per adult will be required for all adult applicants. Applicants may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner’s association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required. We may deny on the basis of this income requirement even if pre-paid rent is offered by applicant.
- Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past 7 years involving the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts and circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature and severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction. Criminal history which indicated that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary Service Animals, ESA or Therapy animals for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a nonrefundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary animals.
- A minimum non-refundable property preparation fee may be charged at to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying etc may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re keying etc that exceed this nonrefundable
property preparation fee or minimum fees.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
- We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
- Any exceptions to our companys criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with law.
STEP 1: Apply
To apply, download the application below or come into our office to fill one out in person. Kiefer Realty, PA – Marion Oaks located at 119 Marion Oaks Blvd, Suite A, Ocala FL 34473
- Completely fill out the rental application, sign and date. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Only sign and date employment and residential verification forms. Do not fill them out. We will fax them to your employer and landlord for completion.
- If you have a pet, please ensure that the unit you are applying for allows pets. If pets are allowed, please download and complete the pet application form in addition to the rental application form below. Please call property manager for information on pet fees.
STEP 2: Submit Application
OPTION 1 – Scan and email the completed application packet, proof of income and copy of your ID to email@example.com and pay the non-refundable application fee ($65.00 per adult) online (click here)
OPTION 2 – Come into our office to complete an application. Please remember to bring proof of income, copy of your ID and the non-refundable application fee ($65.00 per adult) in form of money order or cashiers check to Kiefer Realty-Marion Oaks located at 119 Marion Oaks Blvd, Suite A, Ocala, Fl 34473.
STEP 3: Once your application has been approved you will need the following;
- $125 non-refundable administrative fee in form of money order or cashier’s check made out to Kiefer Realty, PA.
- Deposit to take home off the market. Deposit to be applied to Security Deposit once lease is signed. In form of money order or cashier’s check.
- Sign Lease within 3 days of acceptance.
STEP 4: On or before move in day
- Balance of Security Deposit.
- 1st months rent in form of money order or cashiers check.
- Proof that the utilities for the property have been established in your name.